Netball Victoria’s High Performance Programs link closely with the Victorian Institute of Sport and aims to enable identified athletes to reach their full potential through the provision of innovative and progressive development opportunities.
In 2017, Netball Victoria will continue with the NV Talent Squad identifying athletes providing developmental and specialist training opportunities through a 2 Tier Talent Squad system both overseen by the NV Talent Squad Head Coach with an assistant coach appointed to each Tier.
- Will include athletes that played in the 2016 underage National Championships. All eligible athletes will be invited to participate and must accept the invitation within the required time frames to progress to the program. Additional athletes may also be invited into the Tier 1 program on a discretionary basis.
- Will include athletes who are identified with the potential to represent Victoria at an underage National Championships or have been identified with talent that may not have previously been in the high performance pathway system (e.g. transitioning athletes from another sport, rural etc.)
- Tier 2 athletes may be nominated by their VNL or RSL club or by an applicable Talent Scout and/or the Netball Victoria High Performance Manager.
This year the program will introduce a strength and conditioning and athlete well-being component that will support the holistic development of the athletes.
- Technical & Tactical (Specialist coaching)
- Physical Preparation (Strength & Conditioning)
- Athlete Well-being (Educational workshops)
The program will run from August through to October and enable identified athletes to reach their full potential through the provision of innovative and progressive development opportunities.
For more information, please contact High Performance Coordinator – Pathways Tijanna Bibis – [email protected]