Expressions of interest to trial for Vic Fury
Netball Victoria is now calling for athlete expressions of interest for the 2018 Victorian Fury team.
Athletes are required complete their Expression of Interest form below by 12pm, Friday 18 August 2017.
Vic Fury selections will be held at Whitten Oval, 417 Barkley St, Footscray on the below dates and athletes should make themselves available to attend.
- Friday 1 September 6.00pm – 9.30pm
- Friday 8 September 6.00pm – 9.30pm
- Friday 22 September 7.30pm – 9.30pm
The 2018 Australian Netball League (ANL) program will align with the 2018 Suncorp Super Netball Season, the ANL team will participate in a full pre-season commencing early 2018. Athletes must ensure they read through the eligibility requirements before submitting their Expressions of Interest.
- All Victorian Netball League athletes participating in the Championship Division of the previous year may nominate for Victorian Fury selections.
- State Underage athletes from the current year may be considered for selection regardless of their participation in the Championship Division of the Victorian Netball League competition.
- Athletes in the previous year identified in the NV Talent Squad, State Underage Program, ANL, ANZ Championship may be considered for selection by the selectors regardless of their current playing status but must be able to attend at least 1 team selection training/trial unless for extenuating circumstances.
- All players must be a resident of Victoria and or be a registered financial member of Netball Victoria in order to be eligible for selection into the Victorian Fury
- The Selection panel may consider athletes who do not meet the above eligibility criteria should extenuating circumstances be determined. Extenuating circumstances may include but are not limited to; injury, illness, locality or relocation. Where this clause is required to be executed, the General Manager – Netball Operations must be notified and must ratify the athletes inclusion prior to selection.
2017 Victorian Fury coaching appointments
Netball Victoria is delighted to announce the 2017 Victorian Fury coaching panel.
Head Coach – Leesa Gallard
Assistant Coach – Elissa Kent
Apprentice Coach – Guy Keane
Team Manager – Donna Monteath
2017 Victorian Fury player announcement
Netball Victoria wishes to congratulate the following athletes who have been selected as part of the 2017 Victorian Fury program.
The squad will feature two athletes from last season’s Premiership team, with eight new faces joining the list next season.
“It’s a new look exciting Victorian Fury,” Head Coach Leesa Gallard said.
“We have gone with a mix of experienced and emerging athletes to ensure we have leadership in each area on court, and then worked the combinations to give us a strong team unit for success in 2017.”
A further six athletes have also been named as Victorian Fury Training Partners.
2017 Victorian Fury Team
Casey Adamson (ACU Sovereigns)
Elle Bennetts (Melbourne University Lightning)
Amelia Brock (ACU Sovereigns)
Alice Coakley (ACU Sovereigns)
Lara Dunkley (Boroondara Express)
Ramayer Gourley (Boroondara Express)
Molly Jovic (City West Falcons)
Stephanie Puopolo (Adelaide Thunderbirds)
Kelsie Rainbow (Monash University Storm)
Rahni Samason (Wilson Storage Southern Saints)
2017 Victorian Fury Training Partners
Kate Thompson (Geelong Cougars)
Tahnysha Salanoa (City West Falcons)
Maggie Lind (City West Falcons)
Elizabeth Birch (Boroondara Express)
Victoria Honner (City West Falcons)
Jacqueline Newton (City West Falcons)
For more information, please contact Hayley VanDenBoom via email at [email protected]
Thanks to Major Partner – Eltham Physiotherapy Centre
Eltham Physiotherapy Centre has been established in the area since 1989. It is a large modern and well equipped centre. It comprises six comfortable treatment rooms and a spacious Clinical Pilates studio.
Our clinical staff comprises 14 experienced physiotherapists, some whom have provided support to local, national and overseas netball, basketball and football teams.