Netball Victoria Sports Development Program
Netball Victoria is proud to partner with SEDA Group (SEDA) to provide an innovative and exciting Year 11 and 12 senior secondary education program – the Netball Victoria Sports Development Program.
For prospective students, this is a chance to gain educational and industry qualifications while gaining a first-hand understanding of the sports industry through involvement with Netball Victoria.
Students will have the chance to apply their passion and interest for netball alongside the outstanding professionals who currently administer the game, learning from their wide-ranging expertise in coaching, high-performance, game development, facility and sports management.
SEDA will accompany this industry exposure with high quality education and training courses, equipping students with the opportunity to complete their senior secondary education and nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications.
WHO IS SEDA?
SEDA is a leading provider of hands on education and partner with peak industry organisations in sports, arts and building. We provide students with industry opportunities and experiences they will not find anywhere else and promote learning for life with a focus on preparing students for a successful future.
SEDA has a strong history of our students successfully completing their senior secondary qualification (VCAL*) as well as gaining Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications that are recognised throughout Australia.
SEDA students leave with much more than qualifications. Students graduate as mature, resilient independent and capable young adults with the ability to both lead and work within teams and are well placed to make informed choices about their future whether it be employment of further study.
WHY CHOOSE SEDA AND THE NETBALL VICTORIA SPORTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
- Tailored career plans for each individual student – developing individual career goals for students and providing pathway opportunities to employment or further study.
- Unique industry opportunities – education that takes place in industry with networking and workplace opportunities with leading sporting and community partner.
- Education for life beyond school – working to develop personal and career skills essential for life beyond the classroom including leadership, integrity, resilience and critical thinking.
- Hands-on learning environment – application of theoretical classroom learning into practical learning activities, tailored to meet individual needs.
WHAT TYPE OF EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES WILL STUDENTS BE INVOLVED IN AS PART OF THE NETBALL VICTORIA SPORTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
Students have the opportunity to get involved in a range of participation programs and events including:
- Match day assistance for the Melbourne Vixens
- School and community netball participation programs
- Coaching participants in the Net Set GO! Program
- Administration assistance at state tournaments and seminars
- Work placement with Netball Victoria
Additional Qualifications provided by Netball Victoria
- Foundation Coaching Course
- Development Coaching Course
- Level 1 Umpiring Course
*VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate) or VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the Netball Victoria Sports Development Program open on May 1. You can apply to start at SEDA in 2017 here.