- Has your club made a real difference to your local community and participation in sport and active recreation?
- Do you know someone who has dedicated significant time and effort to improving your club or organisation?
- Is your club significantly better off as a result of the contribution of a committed volunteer?
- Has anyone you know performed an extraordinary act or acts that embody the true spirit of sport?
If so, then don’t miss out on the opportunity to honour their service by nominating them for the Victorian Government’s 2014 Community Sport and Recreation Awards.
All Victorians are encouraged to nominate their club, team, organisation or individuals who have made a significant contribution to community sport and recreation, across the following eight categories:
- Community Sporting Club of the Year
- Outdoor Active Recreation Initiative
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Service to Sport and Active Recreation
- Welcoming and Inclusive
- Community Coach of the Year
- Community Umpire or Referee/Official of the Year
- Innovation in Facility Design
Award winners will receive $3000 with two runners up in each category receiving $1000.
In addition to these eight awards, the Minister for Sport and Recreation will present a special $5000 Minister’s Award. Nominations received across all award categories will be considered for the Minister’s Award.
The 2014 Community Sport and Recreation Awards will be presented to the winners and finalists at an awards ceremony to be held at the MCG on 1 October.
Nominations open: Now!
Nominations close: Wednesday 27 August 2014
Award ceremony: Wednesday, 1 October 2014