Funding and Grants
There are various funding bodies that provide grants to local sporting Clubs and Associations to assist with upgrading facilities, developing skills, purchasing equipment or supporting athletes.
- Sport and Recreation Victoria
- Australian Sports Commission
- Australian Sports Foundation
- Regional Development Victoria
Funding opportunities are available for limited periods, see individual sites for details and closing dates. Listed below are just some of the common funding programs available.
- Defibrillators for sporting clubs and facilities program
- Athlete pathway travel grants program
- Sporting club grants program
- Better Indoor Stadiums Fund
- Country football and netball program
- Significant sporting events program
- Emergency: Sporting and Recreational Equipment
- Community Sports Infrastructure Fund
- Active Club Grants
- Stronger Regional Communities Plan
- Volunteer Grants
Current Funding Opportunities
Public Safety Infrastructure Fund Grants 2019-20
The Public Safety Infrastructure Fund grants are available to support Victorian councils to undertake the development and improvement of public safety and security infrastructure. Infrastructure grants between $20,000 and $250,000 will support projects using good urban design and equipment, including Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and lighting for example, to help improve community safety, security and confidence in public places.
Community organisations wishing to propose applications for public safety security infrastructure should contact their local council to discuss their ideas.
Applications Close 4pm Friday 2nd August 2019. For more information click here.
WorkSafe Safety Initiative Awards