Funding and Grants
There are various funding bodies that provide grants to local sporting Clubs and Associations to assist with upgrading facilities, developing skills, purchasing equipment or supporting athletes.
- Sport and Recreation Victoria
- Australian Sports Commission
- Australian Sports Foundation
- Regional Development Victoria
Funding opportunities are available for limited periods, see individual sites for details and closing dates. Listed below are just some of the common funding programs available.
- Defibrillators for sporting clubs and facilities program
- Athlete pathway travel grants program
- Sporting club grants program
- Better Indoor Stadiums Fund
- Country football and netball program
- Significant sporting events program
- Emergency: Sporting and Recreational Equipment
- Community Sports Infrastructure Fund
- Active Club Grants
- Stronger Regional Communities Plan
- Volunteer Grants
Current Funding Opportunities
Country Football and Netball Program
The Country Football and Netball Program provides funding to assist country football and netball clubs, associations and umpiring organisations to develop facilities in rural, regional and outer metropolitan locations.
Organisations can register their interest in applying for funding by submitting an expression of interest to their local council. Clubs and associations are advised to contact their local council about timelines for expressions of interest.
Applications close on the 3rd of June. Click here for more information.
WorkSafe Safety Initiative Awards