Funding and Grants
There are various funding bodies that provide grants to local sporting Clubs and Associations to assist with upgrading facilities, developing skills, purchasing equipment or supporting athletes.
- Sport and Recreation Victoria
- Australian Sports Commission
- Australian Sports Foundation
- Regional Development Victoria
Funding opportunities are available for limited periods, see individual sites for details and closing dates. Listed below are just some of the common funding programs available.
- Defibrillators for sporting clubs and facilities program
- Athlete pathway travel grants program
- Sporting club grants program
- Better Indoor Stadiums Fund
- Country football and netball program
- Significant sporting events program
- Emergency: Sporting and Recreational Equipment
- Community Sports Infrastructure Fund
- Active Club Grants
- Stronger Regional Communities Plan
- Volunteer Grants
Current Funding Opportunities
Active Club Grants
Is your community sport club looking to get more people participating?
VicHealth is inviting community sport clubs (clubs) to apply for an Active Club Grant to increase opportunities for more Victorians to be active.
We know how valuable sport is, to get us moving toward better health and wellbeing.
Three out of five women are not getting enough physical activity to benefit their health and many people – particularly people who are less physically active – are interested in more fun, flexible and social sport activities.
This is why VicHealth’s Active Club Grants needs your help to encourage more Victorians to participate in sport through two specific focus areas:
- Increasing female participation opportunities
- Supporting social and modified sport programs for less active Victorians.
Visit the Vic Health website for more information and learn how to apply.
WorkSafe Safety Initiative Awards