Victorian Netball League – APPLICATIONS OPEN
Netball Victoria is calling for applications from interested parties wanting to participate in the states Premier competition the Victorian Netball League. Netball Victoria aims to ensure this competition structure creates the strongest state-based competition in Australia. This requires a higher standard of service and should provide increased opportunities for netballers to train and play in an elite environment. Each license must provide opportunities and development for athletes, coaches, officials and supporters for a selected community.
The Victorian Netball League Competition exists to ensure that the strategic objectives of Netball Victoria are achieved. These objectives include:
- Be the premier netball competition in Victoria that provides the best opportunities for elite netballers;
- Ensure that the VNL provides an elite pathway for developing players, coaches, umpires and administrators throughout Victoria;
- Provide the daily training environment expected for players, coaches and umpires;
- Create strong links between VNL, National underpinning programs, ANL and SSN Clubs;
- Recognise relationships with community netball;
- Create a product, both as a club and as a competition to attract and provide successful sponsorship and media opportunities.
Netball Victoria undertook a review in late 2017 after consultation with the current license holders. It was agreed that longer term licenses would assist with planning in addition to enabling competing clubs to garner greater commercial and community support. The application process has been re-framed to focus on the ability to develop athletes, coaches and club personnel in addition to driving good governance practices, sustainability and on court performance.
Netball Victoria recently undertook a competition review which included stakeholder consultation. Netball Victoria will continue to work with existing Licensees and new applicants with regards to the further development of the VNL competition and ensuring it continues to grow and meet competition objectives.
The application form and information kit to assist applicants can be found below. Additional queries can be directed to:
Competitions Coordinator – Alex Ball
To apply for a 2019-2023 VNL License, use the application form provided.
For assistance in preparing your application, please refer to the VNL License Information Kit.
Appendix 3 – Seasonal Training Calendar
Appendix 5 – Injury Tracking Template
Appendix 6 – Load Management / Training Log
Appendix 7 – Player Wellness Log
|Public notice & distribution of application papers||8th March 2018|
|Applications close||1st July 2018|
|NV Board Approval||July-August 2018|
|Meetings with applicants||4 – 7th September 2018|
|Public Announcement||7th September 2018|