Sporting Schools is a national program available to all Australian Primary Schools.
It aims to foster a child’s lifelong interest in sport, gain a healthier mind, and teach sport through fun games and activities.
Sporting Schools will provide primary school children with an opportunity to experience the NetSetGO program in their school environment.
NetSetGO incorporates skill activities, minor games, music and modified matches in a fun and safe environment. The program is coordinated by accredited coaches to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
NetSetGO can be delivered and tailored to suit the age and needs of students via the three different tiers.
- Net (Prep-Grade 2) – students will learn netball related fundamental motor skills with fun games, music and activities.
- Set (Grades 3-4) – students will take part in modified games and activities with a focus on fun and teamwork.
- GO (Grades 5-6) – is ideal for teachers that have inter-school teams that need assistance in coaching skills, teamwork and game tactics.
This fully funded program is delivered by a qualified netball coach and consists of four one hour sessions, which can be scheduled to fit within your schools timetable.
Benefits of the program include:
- giving children an opportunity to try Netball
- creating close relationships with schools
- the opportunity to link children to community Netball Association programs and competitions for ongoing participation
To register your school with the Sporting Schools Program, click here.
For Sporting Schools program costs, click here.
For further information, please contact Kiemi Lai, Community Development Manager on (03) 9321 2237 or email [email protected]
Multi Sport Professional Development Program for Teachers
Teacher Education Program
The Teacher Education Program has been designed to provide education and support to teachers conducting Netball sessions in a school setting. These practical workshops, delivered in conjunction with AFL Victoria and Cricket Victoria have been designed in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
For further information, please contact Shay Dickson, Schools Coordinator on (03) 9321 2229 or email [email protected]
School Ambassador Program
Are you a primary or secondary school teacher who is passionate about netball? Then the Netball Schools Ambassador Program is for you!
Teachers as Ambassadors for our Game
The Netball Schools Ambassador Program has been designed to ensure that netball has a continuous presence at schools and ultimately becomes the sport of choice for young girls. The program offers some exciting benefits to registered ambassadors and, best of all, it’s FREE to join!
As a Netball Schools Ambassador you will have access to:
- Long Sleeve Polo Top
- Netball School Ambassador Lanyard
- Access to Lesson Plans ( Primary & Secondary)
- Regular communication on upcoming state and national events ( Primary & Secondary)
- Ongoing assistance from your State Member Organisation ( Primary & Secondary)
- Interactive Whiteboard /SMART Board – I want to be a Netballer – available online.
To learn more about the program, click here.