Netball Victoria (in partnership with the Australian Sports Commission) is excited to invite you to be part of a new leadership initiative – ‘Emerging Leaders’.
The ‘Emerging Leaders’ program is suitable for current female netball players, coaches, umpires, volunteers or administrators who want to further develop their leadership skills with the aim of:
– becoming more effective in their current role
– further developing the skills and knowledge of women in leadership positions
– equipping participants to tackle the challenges within an Association and Club environment
– providing aspiration to those seeking other leadership opportunities in the sport and active recreation industry.
At the completion of this miniseries, you will:
– Emerge as a more effective and confident leader, equipped with practical skills that can be transferred into your Club / Association immediately.
– Understand your personal brand and have the opportunity to create practical strategies to reach attainable goals and objectives for your Club / Association.
– Emerge with the understanding of how important mentoring is in your development journey, the skills required to be a mentor / mentee and how to work for success with mentors / mentees.
– Gain a greater understanding of the sports business by being engaged with Netball Victoria, and how we can assist you and your Club / Association.
One of the great things about this program, is that it’s being delivered in conjunction with:
– The remaining two Melbourne Vixens home games,
– Netball Victoria’s Members Appreciation Day, and
– Netball Victoria’s AGM and Association Day.
Date: Sunday 4 May 2014
Time: 10am – 3.30pm (includes lunch and a ticket to Melbourne Vixens game
Location: Hisense Arena
10am: Official Welcome
10.15am: Presentation skills – Bronwyn Young (Director Service Businesses, La Trobe Uni)
Creating a professional bio
12 noon: Melbourne Vixens vs. NSW Swifts
1.30pm: Mentoring – Amber Koster (Netball Victoria)
2.00pm: Personal brand and leadership styles – Sharelle McMahon (Pivot Performance)
3.20pm: Wrap Up
Date: Sunday 18 May 2014
Time: 12noon – 3.30pm (includes lunch and a ticket to Melbourne Vixens game)
Location: Hisense Arena
12 noon: Melbourne Vixens vs. West Coast Fever
1.30pm: Official Welcome
1.45 – 2.15pm: Peggy O’Neal: Governance and her career journey
2.15 – 3.30pm: Nadine Cohen: Strategic planning
3.20 – 3.30pm – Close / Wrap Up
Date: Friday 6 June
7am – Official Welcome
Time: 7.00am – 9.30am (includes Breakfast)
Location: TBC (metro Melbourne)
To register for the program and discover program dates and costs click here