The Netball Victoria Board approved the Netball Victoria Gender Regulation and the Netball Victoria Promoting Male Participation in Netball Policy which came into effect 1 January 2019.
What you must do to adhere to the regulation:
- Review the Regulation and all supporting information and contact Netball Victoria if clarification is required – this should be done as early as possible.
- Communicate with your members to advise of the new regulation and that your committee is currently working through how your club/association/league will be implementing the regulation.
- Determine which competitions will be offered including how these competitions will be labelled – consider what consultation you may wish to undertake to do this. Consider if any new mixed or male single gender competition can be offered.
- Once competitions are determined, review bylaws and update accordingly. Refer to the Netball Victoria Sample Bylaws template to ensure you use consistent language to help support this change.
- If new mixed and male single-gender competitions are not possible – consider what impact this may have on your members and provide ideas and support to assist in finding options to play.
- If new mixed and male single-gender competitions are not possible – consider how your club/association/league would like to consider future options.
To help support affiliates understand the NV Gender Regulation, and how to apply it, a detailed Netball Victoria Gender Regulation Question & Answer document and an updated Netball Victoria Sample Bylaws template has been created.
Click here to view the reference guide to support the labelling of competitions.