WorkSafe Mental Health & Wellbeing program delivered by SALT
The WorkSafe Mental Health & Wellbeing program delivered by Sport and Life Training (SALT) is a FREE interactive presentation that gives participants an understanding of anxiety and depression and provides them with positive mental health habits for life.Apply now
Sporting clubs and the communities that they create can play a huge part in the mental wellbeing of its players and officials as we emerge from this unprecedented global pandemic. The WorkSafe Mental Health & Wellbeing program delivered by Sport and Life Training (SALT) is a FREE interactive presentation that gives participants an understanding of anxiety and depression and provides them with positive mental health habits for life. It educates participants in how to have real conversations and aims to reduce the stigma that remains around mental health issues. Players are encouraged to ask good questions of their friends and to be open and honest about how they are coping. The presentation is highly interactive and engaging. Attendees are required to bring a charged smart photo with data. Sessions are aimed at women and men aged 15+ and capped for groups 30 people online while 40 people can attend in person. A coach or club team manager will be required in the session. Program will run for 60 to 75 minutes. All netball clubs affiliated with Netball Victoria can apply. Limited sessions will be available for football teams in the WorkSafe Country Football Netball League.
- What is mental illness?
- Applying strengths from sport into everyday life
- What life-challenges do athletes face?
- What is depression and what is anxiety?
- When can feeling anxious or depressed become a problem?
- What behaviours indicate that a person may not be coping?
- How to improve mental health
- Practical ways of looking after yourself and your mates
- The value of a genuine conversation.
- Suicide prevention strategies
- Reducing the stigma
- Where to go for help