Redeveloped State Netball & Hockey Centre
A key netball facility development project – many years in the making – is now underway, with the State Netball Hockey Centre (SNHC) in Parkville currently under construction.The Andrews Government announced funding of $64.6 million for the redevelopment and expansion of the SNHC.
The huge support of the entire Victorian netball community has also been key to ensuring the project’s progress.
The SNHC is a vital headquarters for netball, hosting more than 5000 participants each week for training, competition and events. Netball has been a tenant of the facility in Royal Park for nearly 80 years.
Please read this safety message now that works have commenced.
Our New Home
The redeveloped centre is due to open in March 2021 and will include:
- 11 indoor netball courts
- New major event and spectator facilities
- Capacity to provide an expanded range of competitions, programs, coaching clinics, tournaments and camps for participants from throughout Victoria
- High Performance facilities to support elite and pathway teams, national teams and visiting international teams
- Administrative headquarters for Netball Victoria and Hockey Victoria
- The Victorian Women in Sport Leadership Centre, nurturing transformational leaders
- Occasional care facilities
- Universal Design Principles to ensure equitable access for all