Redeveloped State Netball & Hockey Centre
A key netball facility development project – many years in the making – is now underway, with the State Netball Hockey Centre (SNHC) in Parkville currently in a detailed planning phase.The Andrews Government announced funding of $64.6 million for the redevelopment and expansion of the SNHC.
The huge support of the entire Victorian netball community has also been key to ensuring the project’s progress.
The SNHC is a vital headquarters for netball, hosting more than 5000 participants each week for training, competition and events. Netball has been a tenant of the facility in Royal Park for nearly 80 years.
Our New Home
The redeveloped SNHC will include:
- 11 indoor netball courts
- New major event and spectator facilities
- Capacity to provide an expanded range of competitions, programs, coaching clinics, tournaments and camps for participants from throughout Victoria
- High Performance facilities to support elite and pathway teams, national teams and visiting international teams
- Administrative headquarters for Netball Victoria and Hockey Victoria
- The Victorian Women in Sport Leadership Centre, nurturing transformational leaders
- Occasional care facilities
- Universal Design Principles to ensure equitable access for all
The Heart of our Sport
Netball Victoria Chief Executive Officer, Rosie King says it has long been recognised that increasing demand and use of the SNHC’s ageing facilities, means significant renovation and expansion is required.
“Our sport has never enjoyed greater popularity and participation at every level from junior to elite competition than we are seeing today.
“In order to serve this participation growth and compete with other States, Victoria must have great netball facilities and the SNHC is the heart of our sport in this State.
“The Government’s support for the project is an endorsement of our vision and an exciting step toward delivering the many wonderful benefits of a transformed and revitalised home for our game in Victoria,” said King.