You’re young, you’re small, and you’ve got energy to burn. It’s time to join Suncorp NetSetGO.
Suncorp NetSetGO is Australia’s official starter program for girls and boys aged 5 to 10. It’s a chance to learn the netball basics, get outside and make some friends. For a lot of kids, this is the first time they’ll pick up a netball or chuck on a bib. It’s a learning experience. And a lot of fun.
How does Suncorp NetSetGO work?
Suncorp NetSetGO is divided up into three tiers: Net, Set and GO. Where you start depends on your age and netball experience.
As you move through the tiers, you’ll pick up more advanced netball skills. One week it might be passing drills and ball games, next it could be shooting and practice matches. All Suncorp NetSetGO sessions are led by a friendly netball coach, using equipment built specially for kids.
To find out more about Suncorp NetSetGO and to find your nearest centre, head over to play.netball.com.au.
What is Suncorp NetSetGO?
Suncorp NetSetGO is a fun, safe, social and active program for girls and boys aged 5 to 10. It gives children of all abilities a positive introduction to netball and teaches them the basic skills of the sport.
Suncorp NetSetGO is divided into three tiers; Net, Set and GO, meaning that participants develop skills at a pace that’s right for their age and ability.
Participants will take part in skill-based activities, minor games, and modified match play that will help them develop fundamental movement skills, as well as important social skills. Each session will be led by a trained coach, using modified equipment.
What NetSetGO tier is right for my child?
Suncorp NetSetGO is divided into three tiers; Net, Set and GO*.
- Net is for 5 to 6 year olds and teaches fundamental motor skills through activities and games.
- Set is for 7 to 8 year olds and focuses on refining fundamental motor skills and introducing modified match play.
- GO is for 9 to 10 year olds and focuses on developing netball specific skills through modified match play.
Please note that progression through the tiers is based predominantly on the skill level and changing needs of the participants (i.e. not restricted by age ranges).
Every Suncorp NetSetGO participant will be sent a pack when they register. The pack includes:
- Size 4 Netball
- Suncorp NetSetGO T-shirt
- Suncorp Super Netball collectable player cards
- Suncorp Super Netball #teamgirls letter
- Suncorp Super Netball ticket
NetSetGO Participant packs are estimated to arrive within 2-4 weeks.
Use this helpful website to find your nearest NetSetGO centre.
Suncorp NetSetGO Centre Benefits:
- The opportunity to increase membership and revenue at your club or association.
- Training opportunities for coaches and volunteers.
- Start-up equipment kit or voucher to RH Sports online store.
- The ability to develop links with local schools and community groups
- Access to coaching resources, session plans, marketing materials and coordinator manuals
- The ability to introduce participants to an established junior netball program.
- Flexibility regarding the structure and timeframes for delivery.
- Netball Victoria will assist in the administration and the promotion of your Suncorp NetSetGO program.
- A tool to recruit girls and boys, parents and volunteers.
NetSetGO Centre Equipment
Every approved NetSetGO Centre will be provided with equipment, free of charge from Netball Australia. Equipment is provided in a four-year cycle as outlined below:
- two sets of positional bibs
- two sets of non-positional bibs
- five skipping ropes
- five spike balls
- 9 bean bags
- 5 hoops
- 50 markers
First Year (and fifth year): Full equipment kit sent to NetSetGO Centres delivery address provided in MyNetball.
Second, Third and Fourth year: $75 RHS voucher
I have no images of a centre kit, and don’t believe NA do on their website.
Who can become a Suncorp NetSetGO centre?
Any clubs, associations, schools or community groups accredited by Suncorp NetSetGO.
How do you become a Suncorp NetSetGO Centre?
If you are interested in becoming a NetSetGO Centre, you are required to submit a NetSetGO Centre application through MyNetball. Please refer to NetSetGO MyNetball Resource Library for further help, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 9321 2246.
NetSetGO Centre Resources
Session Plans: https://play.netball.com.au/organisers/plan-your-sessions
Promote your club: https://play.netball.com.au/organisers/promote-your-club
Getting to know NetSetGO Online Module: Netball Australia have created a free online module that tells you everything you need to know about Suncorp NetSetGO. It takes about 20 minutes to do and you’ll get a certificate when you’re done. Find out how to complete the Getting to Know NetSetGO course here.
NetSetGO MyNetball Resource Library:
A list of frequently asked questions can be found here on the Play Netball website.
For any questions or more information, please email email@example.com or call (03) 9321 2246.